Plastic surgery is a medical specialty involving the modification, restoration, or change of one’s body. It can generally be grouped into two broad categories: cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Cosmetic surgery includes such procedures as breast augmentation, liposuction, and nose surgery. For more information about Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Dr R Morgan Davoudi and the Atlantic Center for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery in Atlanta GA call (770) 817-9999. Reconstructive surgery involves the treatment of trauma, such as that resulting from burns, auto-immune disorders, traumatic injuries, tumors, among others. In plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery, there are three basic types of operation:
– Liposuction is a procedure used in order to reduce weight. This type of plastic surgery may also involve a form of facial restructuring as well. – The hand is another area in which liposuction is used. It assists in reducing pockets of fat in the hands, which may contribute to the development of carpal tunnel syndrome as well as other conditions. – The face is another area in which plastic surgery is used. This type of cosmetic surgery may be used for such things as rhinoplasty as well as other procedures including breast implants and face lifts.
– During plastic surgery the surgeon will remove excess fat, remove or replace skin, as well as remove and/or reattach various organs including the bladder and colon. In some instances where there is substantial trauma to the patient or to the area from which the operations are performed, additional procedures may be required, including the placement of an artificial hip joint or even a graft from another part of the patient’s body. Talk to Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Dr R Morgan Davoudi at the Atlantic Center for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery today. In addition to these procedures there are a number of other procedures that may be recommended by the doctor based on the situation. These would typically include a graft from another part of the patient’s body, and wound separation or reduction of scarring caused by burns, auto-immune disorders, tumors, as well as some forms of chronic illness.
– One very popular procedure that has great success is the “eye patch”. This is not a permanent solution, but rather a temporary fix which enable the patient to see clearly but also helps with the repair of any damage to the eye or nearby tissue. A good example of this would be a burn or a scrape on the eye from some kind of accident. In this case the plastic surgery specialist may recommend a temporary reconstruction using an elastic ointment, rather than a more permanent implant.
– Scars that are not involved in the operative procedure can be repaired using various techniques. Most plastic surgery surgeons will agree that scar reduction and repair procedures are best left to practitioners who have acquired the skills necessary to effectively perform them. Because of this it is generally recommended that such procedures be done at a hospital setting, rather than at a clinic or surgical facility.
– If you are considering undergoing plastic surgery you should consult with your primary care physician and your surgeon. You should also research reputable plastic surgery clinics before making any decisions. You will want to ensure that your surgeon is board-certified and has a lot of experience in the procedures that you are interested in. Board certification is especially important for facial cosmetic surgeries as there are many ways to perform the same procedure using different methods and equipment.
Atlantic Center for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
258 Pharr Rd NE #4
Atlanta, GA 30305